Friday, October 12, 2012

The lion and the mouse


One day a lion was sleeping before its cave. A mouse was playing nearby.( a short story )  By chance it ran over the lion’s body. ( a short story ) The lion woke up and became very angry. ( a short story ) He caught the mouse and said, ‘’thou little pest, I will kill thee. How dare you tease me?’’ The mouse begged for its life. It said, ‘’You Majesty, I am a tiny creature. If you kill a poor creature like me, it will do you no honor. Save my life for this time. ( a short story ) ‘’Out of pity the lion let the mouse go. Some days after the lion was caught in a hunter’s net. The lion tried hard but could not get out. He began to roar. The mouse heard the roar of the lion. It at once came to the net and said, ‘’Your Majesty, please be quite. ( a short story ) I will gnaw at the ropes of the net with my little sharp teeth. Then you will be released.’’ The mouse cut the net into pieces with its teeth and set the lion free. The lion said, ‘’Dear little friend, you have saved my life.( a short story )  Even a little mouse can do a great good to a mighty lion.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment